Sunday, September 8, 2013

Introduction

Hello fellow litterateurs, my name is Miles; I am a 6th year English major. Technology is becoming more and more accessible and regular. It is now outside of the norm if you DON'T have a cell phone in 5th grade. We learn at a young age that technology can be a useful medium for communication. In many situations, the younger generation understands the technological device better or more quickly than the older. Because students are using technology so frequently (24/7 in most cases), teachers should incorporate more technology in the classrooms.

A good example of this is Powerpoint and the newer Prezi. I recently created a presentation on Prezi.com and it was actually FUN! For those accustomed to Powerpoint, I highly recommend Prezi. It allows your presentation to be much more creative and visual. I will definitely be using them more in the future. The thing I look forward to the most about this class, sillily enough, is the mythology section. I feel I never got a good education on mythology (if any at all), so I'll definitely learn some things!

Email: miles.levynordhoff.979@my.csun.edu

1 comment:

  1. Technology is a great invention and it will only help us as teachers to better educate our students on how to use it, obtain more information, and how to have fun with it. But we must also educate them on how to use it properly, respect it and know that it is gift which can be taken away at any time. Although it is hard for me to see a 5th grader with an iPhone or whatever, I understand why they think they need one. But that does not mean i agree with it, i do not think that we need to allow our children to become so involved in the impersonal act of communicating solely through technology at such an early age.

    -Corey

    ReplyDelete